October 2011- Actus and NetApp Deliver a Joint Solution for the Media & Entertainment Market
With the increasing need of content monitoring and repurposing, to multiple screens, with larger quality of video, such as HD, such systems require larger storages, that will also be reliable, scalable, easy to maintain and cost effective. The solution is the integrated Actus – NetApp solution, answering all these needs.
• Future proof – with advanced features such as IP ingest, support for multiple audio tracks, decoding of Dolby sound, multiple subtitles recording and extraction of EPG. Actus provides solutions for today while constantly looking to answer the recording needs of tomorrow.
• Reasonable price. The Actus solution delivers a very compelling cost/performance pricing structure.
WHY CHOOSE ACTUS?
Integrate seamlessly with your equipment. Whether you need to record from set-top-box post broadcast analog feeds, directly from your play-out server or from an IP transport stream – we can capture it all. As we have a flexible solution, we can fit the hardware requirements to your specific needs, so there is no need to purchase a pre-defined hardware that is either above or below your actual requirements.
• The only one-stop-shop solution giving you the freedom to work with any browser or Operating System. Whether you use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or the latest Chrome on your PC or Mac, our web application will equally serve your IT, research, sales, marketing departments and even your management.
Recognizing storage’s key role in these solutions, Actus and NetApp have teamed up to offer a cost-effective solution delivering high performance and capacity. The solution leverages the expertise and experience of Actus, the provider of video content logging, tagging, monitoring, analysis and repurposing solutions used by leading broadcasters worldwide, and NetApp, the storage and data management solution provider with over $5.1 billion in annual revenues. The integrated solution increases productivity, lowers the time needed to create high-quality media content, and reduces TCO to deliver a rapid and enhanced ROI.
• Storage space savings: utilization of NetApp’s deduplication technology, which saves only unique blocks of data, reduces required storage space by 15%-30%.
• Investment maintenance: simplified upgrading to newer and stronger controllers while maintaining existing disk shelves preserves previous investments.
• On-the-fly storage enlargement: upgrading without downtime enables on-the-fly storage enlargement.
• Rapid global support: world-class local support and installation across the globe ensures quick and high-quality solution maintenance.
• Lower TCO: simplified deployment, administration and management lowers total cost of ownership.
• Extensive global support: NetApp offers on-site production installation assistance as well as 24/7 local support through NetApp’s worldwide support hubs and NetApp Auto Support, which automatically sends support logs to the company’s sup-port center for immediate attention.
• Ongoing technological cooperation: Actus and NetApp technical teams maintain ongoing contact with one another to ensure certification of new features.
• Coordinated integration process: Actus and NetApp professional services teams coordinate on-site storage installation and project.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that accelerate business breakthroughs and deliver outstanding cost efficiency. Discover NetApp’s passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
For More Information please contact: Shachar Shinerman, NetApp Media & Entertainment Sales email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Actus Digital is a customer-driven company which delivers industry leading technology solutions for video content logging, tagging, monitoring, analysis and repurposing. Learn more about our solutions at www.actusdigital.com